Tuesday, June 23, 2015

STAR WARS 1977, the video game

Star Wars was one of my favorite movies as a young boy. I remember the immense impact it had on me and how this fantastic movie literately changed my childhood vision of the world around me. I have a great love for space and all things astronomical now and put forth great effort to teach myself and my children about the planet upon which we live and the solar system in which we dwell. I remind them how vast the universe is and of the many mysteries that are hidden away among the billions of planets and stars that reside within. As a tribute to Star Wars and the many Star Wars Fans ( and the creative vision of George Lucas ), I decided to create my own Star Wars video game. Based on the old 1945 airplane shooter style of video games i wanted to create a fast paced arcade style game reminiscent of those early days of my youth. I am pleased with the results. Star Wars 1977 is truly too much fun. Coupled with Star wars props, space and planet landscapes, and a pre-episode IV story line....Star Wars 1977 holds true to the love I have for the franchise. Even though I am truly dedicated to the completion of Wizard World and it is our number one priority I have decided to release this game first. It is 24 levels of simple and fun game play ( complete with power-ups and boss battles ) and is complete. It only lacks some original artwork ( for back drops) that I am currently working on. so in a few weeks I should complete the artwork...and in a few months ( after extensive third party game testing ) I should release the full game, FREE, to who ever wants to play. This is truly a labor of love for me. I hope you enjoy. I will add additional screen shots to this project soon. Thanks for the Support.  https://www.facebook.com/StarWars1977theVideoGame

No comments:

Post a Comment